Saturday, January 30, 2010

Anger

As traders, fear and greed are the two emotions that we commonly handle in our trading decisions.

But I believe another emotion that we also sometimes experienced would be - anger.

Most traders have learned to be calm and sensible during trading. But there would certainly be times times when we fumed at missing out a fantastic trade, for not buying more contracts of a great trade, or frustrated for committing that same trading blunder again.

We would blame just about anything or anyone when our trading suffered. Somehow we didn't realize that the anger have originated from us.

I recently read a book called "Zero Limits" co-written by Dr Joe Vitale & Dr Hew Len. The book was quite an eye-opening read. It mentioned that we are the one who are fully responsible for any circumstances which are happening within & around us.

When we encountered another person pouring out his or her frustrations, whether they were meant for us or not, we should accept that we were partly responsible for that happening, since his or her frustrations had come into our lives.

Naturally, we are responsible for our own anger too.

The way to resolve this would be, strange it may sound, is to keep cleansing ourselves by constantly repeating the phrases "I love you", "I'm sorry", "Please forgive me" and "Thank you" to ourselves.

According to the book, these are simple but powerful words that we convey to the Divine. We connect to the Divine by expressing our love and gratitude to him. At the same time, we seek the Divine's forgiveness of our wrong doings.

Saying these 4 phrases will cleanse the memories of greed, fear and anger associated with anything (including trading) as we give in to the Divine to handle the situation for us.

We would experience a peace of mind that the Divine is taking care of us. Another positive outcome of cleansing ourselves is that we are now open to receive the inspirations from the Divine for us to act upon.

I encourage you to read more about this ancient Hawaiian practice called Ho'oponopono from "Zero Limits" to experience this positive feeling.

I hope that in time you will gradually banish your anger not only in your trading but also in other parts of your life.

"I love you", "I'm sorry", "Please forgive me", "Thank you".

Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More

Regards,

Tony Chai

12 comments:

Online Options Trading said...

saying i love you after having a big loss, kinda weird, isn't it? but if it helps, just do it.

Tony Chai said...

Hi :

Well, it's a good book.

I believe the same principle can be applied in other aspects of your life, besides trading.

I borrowed a copy from the library. May be you can try doing that.

Hope you are doing well in your trading.

Tony Chai

Sith-Trader said...

Hi Toni,
I am happy you wrote about the method. I had been applied this principle and it worked :) I've never felt like this with my trading but i sensed the divine helped me. Here's my ritual. Before market open, I pray and then said those magic work. I rewind my memories good or bad, include my feeling at those time. I said it over and over especially at my past important moment. I rubbed my back-head saying those magic work as a symbol I cleansing my memory and negative energy. Results : 100% winning Ratio and 10% gain from capital in just 1 week. My biggest winning day ever also there. $1024

Tony Chai said...

Hi De'Trader,

Nice to know about your positive experience with Ho'oponopono.

I would advise that you borrow the book "Zero Limits" from the nearest regional library.

I believe you would agree sometimes people are angry with us because it originated from us. Cleansing ourselves would improve the external circumstances.

Regards,

Tony Chai

Sith-Trader said...

Hi,

Thanks for ur encouragement.
I already had the ebook and it's very good.

Tony Chai said...

Hi De'Trader,

I visited your blog.

Just curious, what was your previous job which paid you only $800 and yet didn't realize you are equipped with a certain level of trading skills?

Regards,

Tony Chai

Sith-Trader said...

Well I lived in Indonesia, your neighbour. US$800 per month is quite a decent salary there. Actually I paid lower, US$700 in average. I worked as an Administration Supervisor on Retail Company.

Thanks for your visit. I rarely blogging these days due to lack of motivation. But I will do it. I think I found my Edge quite a while. I want to share it with my daily Posts.

Btw, I quit my job already...My Trading Result = 500% my salary.

I hope we can become a good chat buddy sometimes

Tony Chai said...

Hi De'Trader,

You seemed to trade the TF well. Did you self learn or pick up the skills from someone?

I've had some experiences with the ES. I realized (or may be I've not discovered) there's no perfect setup where you can enter and exit a so-called high probability trade.

Most of the time I have to abandon a trade when I'm unsure or unfamiliar and get the hell out when I'm wrong before the stop loss take me out.

Tony Chai

Sith-Trader said...

I was inspired by your teacher Mivhael Woo. He once traded TF alone made over 300% return in just 30 days. I am not his student, so I don't know anything about his setup.

IMO ES is too choppy, too many player. The chart is too noisy. Maybe you may look TF and see if it fits you.

My method purely discretionary trading. I just looked at market sentiment. Trending Or Ranging then I entered based on that

Anonymous said...

options4u.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Winning at Options said...

I love Ho'oponopono. I cannot believe I found someone blogging about options and Ho'oponopono.

Anything that leaves people at the source of life works.

The markets are just a conversation - they are what we say they are and it is so potent to be at the source of what we say (vs at the effect of what we think is real).

When we are clear that we are responsible for everything that happens nothing can mess with us and we are clear and ready to trade.

Thanks for sharing.

sp500 said...

Very interesting book. I'd like to read it one day.